The Plaza’s vision statement is “The Place to Be Downtown”. If we’re honest, that hasn’t necessarily always been the case. The Plaza’s CEO, Jonathan Jossel, certainly looks to change that. In this episode of the podcast, I talk to Jonathan about the Plaza, what changes are being made, and the state of the downtown community. To hear the full interview, you can use the media player above, or download the episode via iTunes or most other podcast players. Here are few things we discuss:
- Update on the rooftop pool renovation at the Plaza
- Plaza’s positioning in the downtown landscape
- The importance (?) of marketing to Millennials
- The focus on skill-based gaming
- How the Plaza can continue to serve a strong gambling market
- What the Plaza is doing well and what it how it can improve
- Where you can find Jonathan hanging out on the property
A big thanks to Jonathan for doing this. It’s a lot of fun talking to people who are making decisions which ultimately affect our Vegas experiences. One thing I’d like to share, that ultimately did not make it into the final cut for continuity reasons, is that when Jonathan called me, I was prepared to get right into the questions. However, he took the time to ask me about the show, about you listeners, and the like. Unless he’s a phenomenal actor, he seems to be genuinely interested in the consumer experience. S0, I’m confident that Jonathan is sincere when he says he would like to know what you and I think about the Plaza and what it can do better.
What do you think about the Plaza and the state of gaming downtown? Leave a comment about what you like or, perhaps, what you think could be improved.
Feature photo: Plaza by joepyrek via CC BY-SA 2.0